For the base
1 packet (230g) Fox’s Golden Crunch Creams
60g butter, melted
For the caramel
397g tin condensed milk
2 tablespoons golden syrup
50g muscovado sugar
For the topping
250g dark chocolate
- Start by lining a 20cm square baking tin.
- Grab your food processor and add the Crunch Creams. Pulse for a second or two to get things moving, add the melted butter, and pulse quickly again to mix them together.
- Spread the mixture onto your lined tin (making sure to push it right out into the corners) and chill it in the fridge for 15 minutes, or until set.
- Now onto the caramel – and don’t worry, it’s not as tough as people make out. Gently heat the condensed milk, golden syrup, sugar and butter, stirring the whole time, until it starts to simmer.
- Turn up the heat and whisk the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes, until thick and gooey. Use an electric mixer if you don’t fancy the arm ache.
- As soon as it’s ready, pour the caramel mixture over the biscuit base and smooth it evenly with a spoon. Leave to set.
- Once set, it’s topping time. Boil water in a kettle, pour it into a pan and bring down to a simmer. Pop the dark chocolate in a glass bowl and melt it over the simmering water. When it’s totally melted, allow it to cool a little then pour evenly over the biscuit and caramel.
- Next, it’s a waiting game. Leave the whole thing to cool completely before slicing into 16 squares, then either serve or pack into a container for later.
Caramel Crunch Cream Squares
These scrummy, squishy squares are
definitely worth the work – and making
your own caramel is far easier than it sounds.
Butter Crinkle Crunch S’mores
Cooking with the kids? Gather round the fire,
BBQ, or stove to make these classic
Keep In Touch
Make us jealous of your five minutes of me-time or show
off your latest Fox’s Biscuit creation. Whatever your
moment, don’t forget to share!